Sunday, January 20, 2019

30th Birthday

This birthday has afforded me the opportunity to once more reflect on how lucky I am.
my parents joked that I looked like Buddy Hackett

My parents went down to Bogota Colombia to get me when I was almost 3 months old, and I am here writing this in this house I grew up in. Sure, there are times where I am bitter about not being where I expected myself to be by now or I will sting myself with mild annoyance for not putting myself in a position for success earlier on. Yet, a day like this does well to anchor me back to where I've been so fortunate. Everything I have is not a coincidence - the opportunities, the lessons learned, the relationships I have... Surrounded by those that have loved me unconditionally from the moment they first met me and have done everything in their power to give me the best opportunity in life is a very special thing that I know is rare.


a very rich cake for me!

Not much has changed since I first got here and I somehow feel that I will remember this birthday in particular because of everyone that made it special all over again.

you should be jealous

I'm looking forward to the changes ahead.

My car is nearing the end of its long tenure of being paid for. I bought scrubs for this semester's round of my clinical experience - and hopefully more opportunities down the road.


The semester dodged another snow show disruption this weekend.

sweet sunrise commutes are always nice
The physical therapy world's Combined Sections Meeting (CSM) is coming up this week, and I am unsure how I feel about it. Convention type things don't energize me, but it'll be an experience!

bought this casio-wannabe watch for myself

Anyway, looking back for me is an uplifting thing to do. For that, I am so grateful. I need to go ride my bike.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment