Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Johnny Interviews; Johnny's Hired

I feel I am very much overdue for a post here. I am in the middle of some transitioning right, but in a good way. See, I have just landed a new job at J. Crew. Seriously after not even 2 minutes of an interview with the store director, I was hired on the spot and tossed into training for mens sales that night. Actually "that night" was this night (or last night, really). So, that's an interview, hiring, and 4 hour crash-course training in mens sales all in one day. This J. Crew store at Tysons Galleria in McLean, Virginia is a very big one for J. Crew. This locations gets some exclusive pieces of the line that 99% of the other stores do not. Does that make me part of "the 1%"? I think, in some third-party way, yup.

I have been hired as a sales associate exclusively for mens clothing and am very excited at the huge leap forward my wardrobe just took. The store director that interviewed and hired me said they have never hired anyone as quickly as they did me, (1 minute interview and all) saying she recognized an attitude from me that would sell clothes well! (I don't know what she meant exactly, but I'm happy to have it.) I am trying to absorb as much as I can from the four hour crash-course training I just had and the further immersion I will have tomorrow morning. I have told them that I am available any time they need me, but hopefully I can work some time off to watch some cyclocross racing at DC Cross this Sunday, and definitely time to hit up my beloved IUP for Halloween weekend. We'll see. That means "no promises." Anyway, I've been working on a few new "channels" of blogging and have been making strides to begin more shameless "self-promotion." I don't know if I will drop any/all the details of that here just yet, but we'll see how shameless I will get you all can handle.

Here is a video from my YouTube channel (TheJohnnyBrison) and it is a step in the direction I want my videos to take. Realize that this is me putting myself out there more than I am usually comfortable as the audience I have here is not exactly the audience my videos and some of my other self-promotions are intended, but it wouldn't be shameless if I didn't just embrace it... or have you all embrace it whether you or I like it or not.

Hope you enjoyed it enough. I'm still learning how to effectively put these things together at a pretty fast pace. Feedback would be appreciated, but constructive would be best. I'm my own worst critic, and I know I'm putting myself out there more. It is what it is. I am very proud to be working not only for J. Crew, but this particular one and hope that any of you all that will be in the area and possible looking for some wardrobe additions and updating will not hesitate to visit the store! I would love to help you fide everything you need.Thanks for reading. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment