Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hello Again

Yeah, yeah... it's been a while. With that said, changes have happened to me and my youthful life here in NoVa.  I wouldn't imagine that these changes are anything momentous like marriage, expecting a kid, or other silly adult things. Yet, having a job that I appreciate while feeling the appreciation in return is a pretty big thing for me. I do not know what the future of it all holds, of course, but as long as I feel like I am in the right place and can continue developing myself and the things I want, I am in no rush to be anywhere else.

Where am I? Well, I am working at that J. Crew I mentioned before in Tysons Galleria and enjoying it a lot. It might be my low-key o.c.d., my personable manner and attitude, or just some good timing and luck that has me at this J. Crew, but I feel big things are happening. Some weeks, I put in over 40 hours and am happy to do it. Some days I feel so tired, but ever satisfied with how much effort I put into the work, system, organism, that is this J. Crew. I was originally trained as a men's sales associate, but have become more of the store director's assistant. When changes need to be made, when moves must happen, when cleansing is critical, I am among the go-to for those necessary actions to take place and I love it. Some days are tough, while others are a welcome respite from the hustle.

I don't suppose I have made any enemies at work, and darn-it... I sure hope I never do. The people I work with are an interesting, fun bunch. I'm not about to rate anyone here, but the faves know who they are. Anyway, like I've mentioned, changes are on the way to this store and things are going to continue their upward trend here. I may be meeting the CEO, Mickey Drexler, next week as well since apparently he will be helicoptering around the area. Now, that does mean that the store will have to look all pretty and proper. tomorrow and the next day = a hustle.
Some emerging opportunities are happening for me and I don't want to miss out. I won't allow it, but more on that later.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Wow dude, you look gaunt as f*. Do you bike or something? Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! Thanks. This job has me losing weight, though I do have a secondary motive for dropping a few lbs... but that will be discussed when it happens.

    ReplyDelete