Saturday, December 12, 2009

Continuation. 

The wait was worth it. Having to wait for suitable pedals to be able to ride this beautiful purchase was terribly worth it. Well, at least in the sense that I was not about to return the thing just because I couldn't get old pedals off the old bike, but let's just entertain the idea that it was worth the wait. Though, I didn't really seem to have much of a choice in the matter.

Moving on. This bike is a smooth, swift, sleek bicycle. However, my riding is just more of the same. I am still on the trainer and working hard to keep up on my training program. The inclimate weather is making it easy to want to be inside to ride tho. I cannot see this bike's first outside anywhere in the near future, but I know it will be quite exciting when it comes. I hope to have lost a bit of weight by that time too. I am feeling well in control of that aspect of my preparation and training. I am hovering around 175 right now. Come he spring racing season I do wish to be under 170. The hallenge will lie in maintaining that and maintaining my cycling energy.

But I won't jump the gun. I am not going to worry too much about my weight. It will flow as it will. I can only do so much. Right now I only have to worry about sticking to my training plan and having faith that it will pay off.

Sure, I have the right Ike now, but that will only go so far. I want to be a stronger, smarter, more focussed cyclist. - More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment