Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Defeated? Not Really.

I might feel defeated at the moment (5:30ish today), but I know I've got more going on. I will say I've been pleasantly surprised with the way my spring break has been going, but more on that in a bit.

This week is the "recovery week" of my "Build I" phase of training. Cool. Less pressure during my spring break and my legs need the rest. It's hard to pump the breaks when I have felt so strong lately, but you know... it'll pay off in the long-term for my season. Today however, I went out on a ride and had to admit defeat 30 minutes in. Why? Well I noticed there was a lot of traffic, (rush hour lasts from like 4:30-6:30 here) and overcast/ darker skies had these drivers whirling around with their headlights on. I really didn't feel like messing with them and adding to the overcrowded roads with everyone rushing home to beat the floods that news channels warn this area about. Even riding to a trail would put me in about 20+ minutes of cars not knowing how to deal with me, even on a good day.

Whatever. Enough of that. I've had a great spring break so far and I intend to keep it that way. I will say it hasn't come about in a way I could have predicted though. Sure, I've been keeping to myself mostly, but not entirely. I know I read too much into things and might sound a bit "crazy" when I'm excited about things, but I'm a genuine person and a passionate one too. Maybe, just maybe...
But alright, Romeo-Schleck-wunnabe. Let's pump the brakes on this too. No need to get ahead of ourselves. The semester isn't even over and you've got some stuff to figure out. Sure, this summer could be the best thing since clipless pedals, but you've gotta stay patient, son.
I'm enjoying the distraction...
Doesn't mean I'm not dreaming of the possibilities, pops. I am convinced that my bicycle will make my life better than I can imagine and certainly better than without it! Ugh... can't blame this guy for going for the top step of the podium here, folks. There's a podium girl that won't kiss anyone less. Now for dinner and to finish up my day's ride on the trainer (which I'm not too please about having to do).
Also, I might have a 75 mile ride with some future, summer teammates this weekend and I just picked $129 in cash from the change I've been collecting(with no fee!). New team's kit will be purchased from said monies... and a haircut. And I still don't know what to do with it, but I want to look sharp. I will miss being able to toss it up like in that picture tho. One day... it'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment