Thursday, March 31, 2011

The End is Nigh

I am set to graduate from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with Honors (3.25+ gpa) May 7th, 2011. It hasn't really hit me yet, but I think I got a little pinch when I was presented with the "honors" medallion. I am really trying to keep to earth over this whole ordeal. It's not that I do not appreciate the opportunity I have been so fortunate to have been given by the hard work of my parents. It is more that I know I have a lot of work still to do to get to where I want to be....

Yet, I have no idea where it is exactly that I want to get to, but I know this is a step in the right direction and success has something to do with it. Society says so anyway. I'm no scholar. I'm still a student. I still have projects, papers, assignments, and deadlines to meet. After this undergraduate work is finished I have work to get to. As I've mentioned before, I start work the Monday after I graduate. That means May 9th, I start. I will be in the working world hopefully for a continuous 2 years and then I will look to graduate schools. I will say it may not be with a MBA program, but would add that it will be with a more "prestigious" school than IUP. Not knocking Indiana University of Pennsylvania, but I will put more effort into my graduate applications than I did my undergrad ones.

Anyway, I have to get back to school work. The race this weekend seems so distant, yet I know it's only two days away.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment