Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bike Crew

For all my ranting on my last post, it seems I might have less to worry about for my future than that post suggests. I have an interview with a company called Clarke. "Making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable." They seem to be a large company with the right  interests in mind. At any rate, I have applied for a position on their bike crew. The quick synopsis of the job is that I will b out riding every week day for about 6 hours. In that time I will not simply be enjoying the weather and riding a bicycle, (I suppose only the pros get that luxury) but I will be spraying insecticide for mosquito control. I can do that.

Now it's a seasonal position that I believe will have me employed until October. That's fine with me! Hopefully by thin I will have enough money saved up to buy a cyclocross bike and I can be hitting that mess up.

I will be heading home to Virginia next Friday for the interview. 
Teammates on one of the most beautiful days of the year so far.
Me reading in the Oak Grove at IUP on the most beautiful day of the year so far. 
I'm fairly confident I will snag this job. It's trying to get a job with them after the seasonal position ends that I am worried about not. Too soon? Okay. I'm gonna enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment