Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gilbert Gilbert Gilbert!

Get familiar with this dude. I know I've written a little about him before, but the badass Belgian is more than worth another post.

Call my obsession with Philippe Gilbert what you want. This guy, in my opinion is the BEST rider out there. He attacks and it's always for a win. He races with class and power. Gilbert has been on fire this season and he can ride and beat the best in any situation. Whether it's a sprint, breakaway, up-hill finish, or sufferfest, he'll be there! He is feared and respected in every race he is in. his team works for him knowing he can produce a win and out power, out sprint, out climb, out strategize, and drop the hammer on everyone.


For a longer video of his most recent win: Montepaschi Strade Bianche 2011True to form, Gilbert attacks at the right moment knowing how strong he is and get's the job done over some really tough competition.

I am channeling this guy's style and grit into my upcoming season. My first win ever came on an attack not unlike some of Philippe's. It was from way out, but no one could respond... other than a teammate and I got the win. It felt amazing and I want to win like that more often.
Thanks for reading about my man-crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment