Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sports Illustrated's Lance Investigation

I don't know much about Lance Armstrong and all the players involved in his predicament, but Sports Illustrated has released much of their findings in a lengthy, but informative article. Personally, I think Lance is in deep, dark waters. He could be innocent. He could also be guilty. I want to see him on trial and prove to me and the world, without cover-ups, undisclosed settlements, money, or flat denial, that he is innocent. The case mounting against him may prove too great for even "The Boss" to handle and simply say "no comment" to. Everyone wants to believe that cycling's (arguably) greatest champion did it all with the help of teammates and his own physical ability without the help of performance enhancing drugs. I will not believe him either way until it is all proven. If proven guilty, I want him to pay his due sentence and to never see him around a bike ever again. If proven innocent, I want him to be left alone and focus on his foundation.

It is sad to think that so many people's inspiration, hero, and idol could be a fraud. No one is perfect.

I guess that is all I have to say on it. I applaud SI's investigation and tireless efforts to get a hold of this information and make sense of it for the public to read and understand. The article is a long read, but it is some very interesting stuff. Lance could sink in those deep dark waters.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1180944/1/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment