Saturday, February 19, 2011

I think I'm getting better at this

It's true. I think I might have figured out what I can do to vamp up this blog a bit. Remember that "Monday Mornings" blog series I was thinking of doing. Well I have just thought of another idea for a series type of addition to my blog. I'll call it "Where's The Podium? #_."

I thought up that title, "Where's The Podium?" last week pondering about this blog I have here. I don't spend too much time thinking about this blog, but I do put effort into it. At any rate, I was thinking how "Where's The Podium?" might have been a more appropriate question I might ask myself, upon garnering success in a race since there will always be at least a symbolic "podium" of 1-2-3 finishers rather than an actual trophy. Once I got over the fact that I should be happy with what I've titled this and how it all began for me, I kind of let the title slip from my ponderings.

Until Just now. I am in the middle of sanding down my cycling classes frames (they're due for a new paint color) and I thought.... why not combine that Monday Mornings (race recounting) idea with that "Where's The Podium?"idea and make a blog series out of that? "Perfect." thinks I. Even if i don't personally make a podium spot... 

So there you have it. A bit of my creative genius displayed. It should work out nicely as some of my racing will take place on Tuesdays anyway. Also, it will be a nice way for me to keep track of the racing I do in a season and let you all in on my thoughts therein. Intriguing stuff. 

On another note, I have made a successful surprise visit to my parents this weekend (started my drive there at 5:00 am) in Fairfax, Va and I have got to find decent rides to do. I can ride through my and nearby neighborhoods, but those get old real fast and I just don't know how to deal with all the traffic. Not that I don't think I can ride on busy roads, it's just there are so many and they are just not fun with people who hardly respect other drivers much less an oddity like a cyclist. Learning where I can find good rides around here is just another reason why I wanted to find a well established team in Fairfax. I'll learn from the local riders and figure things out. Until then, I do know of a nice trail I will give a shot. I want to aim for 50 miles tomorrow. It'll be fun. I just have to wake up early so I can enjoy the rest of the day with someone I've been looking forward to seeing again for a long time (maybe not that long, but it feels like it has been, you know?) Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment