Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Good Pain

I rode with new rider, David today out on our "Plumville" route. If he can stick with this sport, he could be really good. It seems like some of these guys start off their cycling career with a better kick than I did, but more power to him. I think he will represent IUP nicely in the spring.

Today's ride was longer and more intense that it needed to be for me. I guess I don't mind. I needed to get out and do my favorite ride. The weather was beautifully in the low 60s and I just could not pass it up. I tried to tweet a photo I took from my phone during the ride, but I don't know why those have stopped working for me. Anyway, it was a good day and I needed the kick in the ass.

My body is pretty sore now. I'm not trying to be a baby, but I like the feeling. It's a good kind of pain. I have a log way to go before I can ride hard and race. I am lucky to have such nice riding around this area, especially at this time of year. Such beautiful scenery well into November is well worth a brief dog chase and a few cold spots.

Tomorrow I hope to be going to Pittsburgh with m'lady. I really wish the library would have more SLRs for me to rent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment