Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Saved

So at this point I have contacted my insurance and well hey, that Renters' Insurance coverage my parents told me to get is probably going to pay off. As of now I pay $58 a year for up to, I think it said, $5,000 worth of replacement coverage with a $250 deductible. That's pretty good huh? Though, my mom says my rate might increase due to this incident.

"I won't let it happen again," I tell you! This is why one gets insurance. When the unexpected happens. When we make mistakes. I am paying for this service and this is what I am paying for.

I can't help but feel like a spoiled moron tho. If this claim goes well and I am approved for a  replacement check, I pay $250 and will potentially get a new bike. This doesn't sit right with me. I guess it's just the shame of being such an idiot. I don't want to make the same (or similarly moronic) mistake again. I ask myself, how could I do that or allow that to happen to my most cherished possession?

I guess I can't answer that beyond the answer my girlfriend gave me while we chatted about it on Skype last night. "We're only human. We all make mistakes." How true. I am so glad I can turn to her and my parents in this dumb situation I put myself in. I'm not sure how it will go from here. I've sent pictures and other needed information to the insurance agent and we are waiting now for them to contact us. I hope I can work something out when I do get a new bike for my working pieces still on my Scott. Glenn is a good guy and will help me out.

Thanksgiving is saved... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment