Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Local Racer I Follow

Here is a blog I have followed for while now.
http://thesteevo.blogspot.com/
Steve Cummings is a Cat 1/Pro road and cyclocross racer and Pro mountain biker out of Pittsburgh. Everyone calls him Steevo and I doubt he knows I'm a fan of his. I'm not trying to say I want to marry the guy, but the way he races and his attitude about racing and the cycling culture, I think, is fairly on point. He is the kind of guy who doesn't expect anything except a good race and a bit of respect.
Steevo off the front at a race in Pittsburgh
I've seen him race a few times and knows he is not one to give up. He doesn't need the nicest bikes, wheels, components, equipment, or lifestyle. He is a humble guy and just got a job at Howard Hannah Real Estate after apparently living on $1,000 a month for the past 5 years.
Steevo on his way to winning a cyclocross race
He is and has been the vice president of the Allegheny Cycling Association and I would like to be able to work and race with him sometime. I have a long way to go before I can say I am a Cat 1 racer.

Anyway, big annoying week for me this week with crap I have to do and keep on top of before... Thanksgiving break - much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment