Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans' Day

My brother is in the Navy. He enlisted and has already served overseas. He got out and is choosing to reenlist and continue fighting America's "War on Terror." I am humbled and proud of him. I do hope I can get closer to him as we grow older and I am rid of this whole scholastic thing. 

My father served in the Navy as an officer in the submarines (brainiac engineer). He is a brilliant man and I am completely in awe of how hard he has worked for his family. I truly want to be like him in the diligence and tireless support and love he has given to me and my family. I know his work ethic came from his parents and I hope to honor him in the same way.

My father's father was also in the Navy serving his country in World War II. He is an incredibly strong man with his love of life, family, and beautiful wife, my grandmother. The two of them have given me many beautiful memories as a child. I look forward to seeing them in the coming summer after I graduate. I know they will be happy and proud of me.

My mother's father served in the Army during World War II and was actually captured and put into a German prison camp. It is a miracle he survived to the end of the war being freed by the Russians. He continued to serve his country in the FBI and I only wish I could have gotten to know him better before his passing away when I was a child. He met his wife when they both worked in the FBI. My grandmother recently passes after suffering from Alzheimer's disease. She was an incredibly loving, caring and sweet person My mother certainly exemplifies their servants' hearts and I am in love with how patient, forgiving, and sweet she is to me.

I hope I have not gotten too off topic, but I could go on for a while. I love my family and I appreciate how they have all been a part of serving our country. Remembering their and other's sacrifices for me and this country, however backward I and this country may be, is something I am happy to take time and reflect on. I am a better person for my family and I certainly would not be where I am today without them (more than you may know).

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment