Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time to Keep Up

Well folks, all I can say is, I'm thankful it's still early in my training. While some of my teammates have been fighting sickness, a busy schedule has taken me away from my bike. The past two days have been full of stuff I have had to get done. I will say that I have certainly enjoyed sharing some good experiences with my girlfriend in Pittsburgh that have been a blast. I haven't been able to be on the bike, but I know I'll be right on track tomorrow and on through this much appreciated Thanksgiving break.
This break will not be had with too much down time. There is so much for me to keep up with. I am not terribly stressed, but I just don't want to slip up and scratch my lazy itch. I mean that for scholastic and cycling's sake. I'm less worried about my cycling demands. It's always easier to hop on the bike than crack open a book that I really don't see much value in.

There has always been a certain kind of tendency to lax on my self disciplines when visiting my folks in Virginia. I mean eating a lot more, not paying for much of anything, and generally wanting to not care about stuff I just don't want to do. I don't know. It's just how it goes. I don't think I will allow myself much slack this time. I just don't want to or think I can afford to. I know I have a lot of reading, writing, and studying to do. A lot of that will be taken care of on the bike and trainer. I love seeing my parents of course, but the end of the semester will really be upon me after the break.

I know how I sound. Scared. There's just a lot riding on one exam I'll be taking in December. I get one shot and I don't want to lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment