Sunday, December 26, 2010

25th of December

I hope everyone's enjoyed their time with friends and family. I have to say it has come to my attention that not only are some soldiers away from their families today, but also some cyclists are away. The ones I've heard about are training in Europe -- sacrificing for the dream. Haha not entirely as "patriotically" honorable as soldiers sacrificing their lives during this holiday season and every day, but I like it.

One such case of cyclist away for the holidays can be read about here. I can only assume some roadies are away for the holidays as well, but the cyclocross season is still hot right now. A cyclocross camp  going on these days can be read about here. Plenty of these riders are away from their families for camps like this just to learn how to prepare to be a professional in europe. I would imagine the first lesson is being able to be away from family. Rough.

I'm lucky enough to not be at that level just yet and I've had a very enjoyable Christmas with family. Here's a gift from me to you. I mean it should only be accepted if you like free, full, online, road cycling magazines. I really don't know how many of you will actually be interested in this, but here it is. If you do care to take a look, at least you can see a glimpse of what keeps my and so many other's interest in pro cycling. Peloton Magazine. If you are REALLY interested... sign up for a free subscription. You won't... but you can. It's got some great interviews and images. Just what I like.
I've been trying to upload some photos I've taken with my new camera, but I've run into some annoying difficulty. I'll figure it out. I must say, I am definitely not away from family this Christmas, but I didn't take today off. Three and a half hours was made nicer with a new family Wii! I think I'll play some before I go to bed. I'm really looking forward to spending New Year's in Pittsburgh. Pictures and pictures to come, folks. Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment