Monday, December 6, 2010

New Fav American Rider

It's been hard for me to say I really like any one American cyclist. That all changed when I realized how good Jeremy Powers and his Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld team are. If you don't know how dominant Jeremy Powers and his two teammates, Tim Johnson and Jamey Driscoll are, here is their team website: Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld. They have been on fire this year.

I realize I'm late to this cyclocross gig. Anyone who knows cyclocross in the US knows these guys. I heard about them, namely J. Powers, on vimeo. They have these eight episodes (so far) of Jeremy Powers and his teammates riding all the big US cyclocross races. This kind of production makes me want to keep riding and tear it up in cyclocross next year and beyond.

In other news, it's mighty snowy here in Indiana, PA. This is like some spring semester snow. My riding is still stumped due to lack in bicycle and the snow. Although I might be getting my new bike this Tuesday, I find myself riding the rowing machine rather than any of those terrifying exercise bikes...
Break away!! haha
I'm into my Base 1 phase's 3rd and most difficult week. I think I have to log 16 hours. It's like a part time job. I'm not complaining, but next week is final exams' week for IUP. This is going to be a tough one. Although next week is also a recovery week for training's sake, it'll still be hard to get through. I think I'll be hitting the books harder this week than I have this whole semester. I know I'll survive, but I do wish I could have cycling as a full time job like those cyclocross guys.

More on my rowing to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment