Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Bike

I couldn't be happier about this Scott Addict R2. I'd say it's a real IUP Cycling team bike if there ever was one.
D2
This bike has it all (as far as I'm concerned)! Let's start from the top. Fizik Arione saddle from my R3. I love this saddle and I'm happy to be still on it. Ritchey Carbon Pro seat post, Ritchey WCS Carbon Logic II handle bars and stem. These carbon upgrades were the first that I noticed. It was striking how very nice and polished these look. I did not really ever think I would own carbon bars and stem, but I'm not at all complaining. The handle bar tape, which my girlfriend helped me pick out has a newly designed finish from Fizik for 2011. It matches the tuxedo black strip on my saddle perfectly. (more pictures later) The frame itself is the 2011 Scott Addict R2 and lighter than my R3. The paint scheme (above picture does little justice) is incredible. I am very happy the frame colors match our IUP Cycling team so nicely. Again, I did not expect to have this kind of matching or upgrade in frame. The components are still my 2010-2011 Sram Rival groupset. Also switching over from my R3 are my carbon cages... nbd. Lastly, the wheelset I have been upgraded to are the Mavic Ksyrium Elite set. These are not the lightest, most aero wheels, but I am very excited to be riding them. Pedals are the same Shimano PD-R540 from my R3. I'm happy with those and they complete my bike so nicely.

Overall this bike is quite the upgrade from my R3. It is 3lbs lighter coming in at exactly 15lbs 8ounces (15.5lbs)... amazing! I can't wait to take it out on the road and enjoy the light, stiffness it claims to have.

I can't say enough about Glenn and his Big Bang Bicycles staff. They have helped me through this problem and fitted me with a beautiful bike beyond what I could have asked for. I was able to keep my R3 frame and battered parts and I have yet to figure out what it is I will do with them. In any case, Glenn and his shop was genuinely happy for me. I appreciate the help his mechanic Craig and staff continue to provide for me and IUP Cycling. He tasked me to "Do the bike justice," and that's exactly what I intend to do this coming spring.

I will have more pictures later and a few updates and/or link to the specific parts this bike has. I am so happy my girlfriend was with me to get this bike and I know she will be enjoying her new Canon T1i DSLR! I hope to enlist her services and talent for IUP Cycling and at least taking pictures of my cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment